so many things can be bought. but there is something special about making something yourself. so welcome to the diy page, a place to go when ur feeling a little crafty or creative. this page will be updated with links to diy videos as well as my own written instructions on how to create something beautiful.
DIY Custom sticky notes
You will need a printer for this diy, although it doesn't have to be color. Basically, you use a template to create a design or letters or words, and then put sticky notes on the correct spots on the template. Then you put the template with the sticky notes in the printer where the paper goes, and print your words or design. Full instructions here
DIY room decorations
Click on the video (credits to mylifeaseva on youtube) to learn how to make different decorations that are sort of tumblr-esque and make your room look beautiful. They include wall art and a photo garland (which i personally think would look good strung onto christmas lights, although she doesn't do that in the video.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moMtEOQobgk
Materials : Almonds, honey, old mascara container or any kind of container (maybe an old contact lens case), mascara brush or Q-tip
- Start off by crushing your almonds slightly, or chopping them up with a knife.
- Then place the almonds in a skillet and toast until black.
- Crush this to a fine powder.
- Mix 1 tablespoon powder and 1 tablespoon honey together. Add water if the consistency is too thick.
- Apply as you would regular mascara.